Are you trying to create an account on Gmail? It is one of the most reliable services to opt for in the web world. Even though there are myriads of email services out there, you need to be wary as email services might be subject to downtime, mail access problems, hacking and malware attempts. For these reasons, you will find Gmail offering you the following advantages:
- Gmail has been around for more than a decade today and has been sustained by Google as a reliable email service provider.
- It has improved its web mail interface, inbox features and offers several innovative features and functions to use in your mail communications.
- Security is emphasized upon in Gmail. There are options like a two step verification process to make your login more secure.
- Gmail account provides you direct access to other Google services like Play store, Photos, Google+, Photos, YouTube and others. You can personalize your accounts here directly when you already own a Gmail account. If you click on any of these services through a Gmail account, you will be taken to your personalized page directly.
For the above reasons you will surely want to log into Gmail and create an account for yourself. You can also sign up for multiple accounts. That will help you manage different email communications more effectively. You can stay logged into different Gmail accounts at the same time as well as through different devices. These advantages make working with Gmail easy and convenient.
The process of signing up for a Gmail account is an easy one. The steps are highlighted below:
- Visit gmail.com on your web browser.
- You can also find the link to Gmail on the top right hand corner of Google.
- Once you are directed to the main Gmail page, you will find the link to sign in below the login panel.
- You will be redirected to the account creation page.
- Here you need to start by filling fields where you are asked to key in your first and last name details.
- The username field comes up next where you need to find a valid username for your account.
- The password field comes up after this. Here you need to find a password of at least eight characters which should be an alphanumeric combination.
- The other fields pertain to birthday details, gender information and the provision of another email address if you have one.
The next section pertains to entering account security details. Here you will need to choose two security questions and provide answers to the same. You can then choose to provide an alternate phone number. The number needs to be validated. A security code will be sent which you need to key in. Once your number is validated, you will receive security codes here in case of account recovery or authentication processes are required.
The above steps are all that is required to be completed for creating a Gmail account. You will need to agree to the terms and conditions provided before you can proceed further.